Saturday, April 18, 2009

Take Time.


Last week I got the chance to see "The Books" play at the ICA in Boston. Seeing these guys live is really the only way to go and since it had been almost four years since I'd last seen them, of course I was chomping at the bit. They played an amazing set (as usual) that was a combination of their older stuff and some brand new gems.




I highly recommend getting to the ICA for a live music show if you can. The venue is small, but incredibly designed. One whole wall on the left side is made of glass and allows for a beautiful night view of the city and the water. So lovely. The cherry on top are the amazing acoustics of the theater making for a near perfect listening experience. Go there!



For those of you who haven't heard of "The Books" before, they're a music duo from the Massachusetts area who use found video and audio clips to create pieces of art and sound. There's really nothing else like it. Original, imaginative, melancholy, absurd, supremely clever... Check out the (terribly filmed by me, I apologize) clip below of the beginning portion of one of my favorite songs of theirs, "Take Time".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Me

My photo
i love bare feet and braided hair, growing things and walking places, karoake and gypsy music... old things, new things, red things, blue things. i'm trying desperately to find IT!