Wednesday, June 3, 2009

WTF

Ok. So if you've ever picked up a fashion magazine I'm SURE there have been occasions when you've said to yourself, "What the fuck?". I'm talking about those ads that seem so absurd, sexualized, ugly, trite, and totally contrived.

There are these moments I have when I find an ad or a presentation of a collection so ridiculously asinine that I usually have to grab the closest person, thrust the open page into their face, and shriek, "CAN YOU EVEN BELIEVE THIS?!". Just for the sake of having a witness. Well, to keep the frightening of innocents to a minimum I thought I would post some of these pages here instead.

Be prepared for a good laugh. I thought I'd kick things off with my most recent find... I contemplated saving it for the Holidays when it would be most festive, but I just couldn't wait. Its that good.

Honestly? What were they thinking?


This one is from the March issue of Vogue. It features this fine Sir on the left (you know, the one grabbing his phantom breast) who is known for his famous wigs. This one is supposed to remind you of clouds... (Uh, hi. Santa called. He wants his toupee back.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Me

My photo
i love bare feet and braided hair, growing things and walking places, karoake and gypsy music... old things, new things, red things, blue things. i'm trying desperately to find IT!